COMBINED MARITIME SECURITY OPERATOR (CMSO)
OUR NEW COMBINED MARITIME SECURITY OPERATOR (CMSO) TRAINING COURSE PROVIDES STUDENTS WITH THE MOST UP-TO-DATE QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO WORK AS AN OPERATOR WITHIN THE INTERNATIONAL MARITIME SECURITY INDUSTRY
Our 12 day CMSO training course combines the new industry standard City & Guilds Level 3 Maritime Security Operative (8269) course with the G4S City & Guilds Level 3 Maritime Security Operator (7269) course. It includes all Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) modules in line with the recommendations set out in the Department for Transport (DfT) guidance to UK flagged shipping on the use of armed guards to defend against the threat of piracy.
City & Guilds Level 3 Maritime Security Operative (8269) ( Fast Track 8269 Option... )
- The Maritime Security Industry
- Maritime Security Pre-deployment Planning and Procedures
- Maritime Security Operating Procedures
- Maritime Incident Management and Post Op Procedures
MCA ( Maritime and Coastguard Agency) approved STCW modules
- Ship Security Officer (SSO) covering:
- Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and International Ship & Port Facility (ISPS) code, duties and responsibilities of the SSO, CSO and PFSO
- Maritime threats, risk assessments, graduated security levels and contingency planning
- Search plans, drills and training, instructional techniques, documentation and records
- Best Management Practices (BMP) to counter piracy and guidance on the Rules for the Use of Force (RuF) expected of MSOs on board a vessel
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Elementary First Aid
On completion of the G4S CMSO course delegates will be awarded the following qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Maritime Security Operative (8269)
- G4S City & Guilds Level 3 Maritime Security Operator (7269)
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FP & FF) (April onwards)
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Ship Security Officer (Please note; candidates who have not completed 12 months Sea Service will be awarded a Proficiency in Designated Security Duties in lieu of the SSO certificate)
Our training team is predominantly made up of former UK Royal Marines personnel who bring a mix of operational expertise and professional qualifications to the design and delivery of our courses
Link to Our Team
This comprehensive training package is conducted at our UK facilities in Herefordshire and Severn Park Fire and Rescue Training Centre Avonmouth.
Maritime Security Operatives fulfil a pivotal role in the maritime counter-piracy and terrorism arena and play an important part in the protection of International Ship & Port Facility (ISPS) certified vessels. G4S International Maritime Solutions, operating out of Djibouti, employs MSOs to conduct armed escorts of vessels and crew when transiting through high risk areas. This is done in full compliance with our standard operating procedures and rules of engagement.
G4S Maritime has a history of directly recruiting graduates from our MSO courses when positions are available and provides a platform for career progression within the maritime security industry. At the end of each course all delegates have the opportunity to submit their CVs to G4S Maritime for potential employment.
Click Here G4S International Maritime Solutions
The course price is £2241.67 + VAT (£2690 incl VAT). This price is fully inclusive and covers accommodation, meals, instruction and exam fees.
G4S Specialist Training is an Approved ELC Provider
The Combined Maritime Security Operator (CMSO) course has been approved by the MOD for ELC funding. If you are a Service Leaver, or have left the services within the last 10 years you may be eligible to apply. The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces. The ELC scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. Please contact your re-settlement office or visit the ELCAS website www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for further information.
Benefits of G4S Maritime training
- Potential employment as an MSO with G4S International Maritime Solutions
- High quality instructors and training
- Empathy with service leavers
Next Scheduled Courses
Combined Maritime Security Operator
|03 Mar - 14 Mar
||CMSO ( Hereford)
|05 May -16 May
||CMSO ( Hereford)
|09 Jun - 20 Jun
||CMSO ( Hereford)
Future dates are available.
Please complete the course enquiry form or call us on (+44) 01432 850223 for further information and
Phoenix Maritime Security Operator
One of Phoenix's past graduates joined G4S's maritime business as a Maritime Security Operator (MSO) in May 2012. Here he gives an insight into his experiences of the course and his current role.