All Terrain Driving
G4S Risk Consulting’s Specialist Training department offers the All-Terrain Driving course to provide delegates with the necessary skills and techniques to drive safely on and off road
Our all-terrain driving course will provide delegates with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to drive safely on and off road by giving them the self-belief to safely pilot a vehicle over a wide range of terrain and obstacles.
Through a series of training modules and practical exercises, drivers will learn how to mitigate the risks to safety and security whilst maintaining control of a vehicle through challenging and hazardous situations.
Our team of highly experienced instructors are all former UK Special Forces personnel who have recognised civilian teaching and approved driving instruction (ADI) qualifications.
The course is conducted over a two day period at our training facilities in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
The track is based at an old airfield which offers a 2.5 mile driving track and vehicle crash area.
The off road area consists of hilly, wooded terrain criss-crossed with tracks, paths and natural obstacles such as water holes and steep ground.
Day One - Module 1 Road Craft
- Safety brief and introduction
- Defensive driving
- System of vehicle control
Day Two - Module 2 Off-road
- Instinctive driving skills
- Progressive and high speed driving
- Traction control
- Emergency braking
- Hazard awareness and crash avoidance
- Skid car
- Close Proximity and Rolling Slalom
- Introduction to off road driving
- 4x4 vehicle system control
- High & low ration gear management
- Use of differential lock
- 4x4 off road familiarisation practical training
- Self-recovery techniques
- Safe use of mechanical winch
- Ground anchors and web-strops
- Use of sand channels
- Steep hill ascents and descents
- Side slope traverse
- Failed hill ascents
- Mud ruts and water holes
Course fees and Dates
Available on application
Modules can be completed as separate package
Please complete the course enquiry form or call us on (+44) 01989 550325 for further information on prices and advice
Benefits of the All Terrain Driving course
- Increases the overall confidence, experience and capability of a driver both on and off road
- Enables drivers to react positively to difficult situations
- Improves vehicle awareness and driver safety
- Stimulation & Challenging activities